Child Dentistry Littleton MA
Your child’s first visit
The first dental visit should occur shortly after the first tooth erupts and no later than the child’s first birthday. Beginning tooth and mouth examinations early may lead to detection of early stages of tooth decay that can be easily treated. At the first visit we will present:
- A program of preventative home care including brushing, flossing, diet and the importance of fluoride.
- A caries risk assessment.
- Information about Early Childhood Caries, which may be due to inappropriate nursing habits or inappropriate use of sippy cups.
- The latest facts about finger, thumb and pacifier habits.
- What you need to know about preventing injuries to the mouth and teeth.
- Information on growth and development.
Getting an early start in regular dental care is an important step in the road to teaching your child healthy lifetime habits. We want to share with you the latest available methods for keeping your child healthy and safe. If you would like more information, please contact our office at 978-486-8261.